Let’s be honest: taking little ones to the beach is no small undertaking. There’s all the packing ahead of time (towels, sunscreen, snacks…oh my!) followed by sand e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e and that blazing sun that refuses to quit. Needless to say, the combination of beach and babies can be a bit of a juggling act.
However, we have good news for you! Our Under the Sea Beach Cabana simplifies seaside days for kids of all ages. Not only is it a cinch to throw in the car and assemble at the beach, but it protects sensitive skin from the elements and acts as the perfect spot to take a nap or enjoy a few moments out of the sun.
The Under The Sea Beach Cabana is sure to delight little ones and parents alike!
If you love the idea of being at the beach but don’t always love the sand and sun OR if you happen to live in a landlocked location, then this ocean-inspired DIY is for you! Using just a few simple craft supplies, you can create a unique fishing pole and felt fish that is sure to keep your children entertained all summer long!
- Felt sheets (2)
- Heavy duty straws
- String or twine (2 different colors)
- Hot glue gun
- Begin by tying a long strand of your “fishing wire” to the top of the straw.
2. Secure the other color of string from the top of the straw to the bottom using hot glue. The secret to getting an even coverage is to only apply small amounts of hot glue at a time and slowly work your way down the straw. Since hot glue dries quickly, it’s important to use it’s adhesive properties while it’s still hot.
3. Next, layer the two sheets of felt on top of one another.
4. Cut out two identical fish silhouettes by holding the sheets together while trimming.
5. Lay the two fish mirror-opposite of each other and place the end of the “fishing wire” down the center.
7. Adhere the two fish together. For added detail, cut out small circles and glue them to both sides of the fish to create a polka dot pattern.
And finally, go fishing!
Life’s a beach!